hama-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Kim <r...@nvidia.com>
Subject RE: Chance to have a call regarding GPU accelearation in Hama
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 18:34:59 GMT
Hi Yoon,

Great to hear from you.

We're mainly interested in learning more about your efforts on GPUs, on Rootbeer integration,
and how we can support you.

We're just starting to think about how we engage the Hadoop market so we don't have any agenda
yet.  I'd like to pull in some of our engineers and researchers into our conference call so
give us a few days to set that up.

Thanks.

Roy

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward J. Yoon [mailto:edwardyoon@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:12 PM
To: dev@hama.apache.org; Yanning Li
Cc: Roy Kim
Subject: Re: Chance to have a call regarding GPU accelearation in Hama

Hi,

Since the Apache Hama aims to capability of massive scientific computations on top of Hadoop
cluster, we also have an interest in supporting GPUs, and actually I researched mainly about
the Apache Hama cluster architecture that are using GPUs and InfiniBand at Oracle (Because,
I believe that the scientific computing is more important than data cleansing / selection
processing, to forecast the future or to extract valuable insight).

If you have agenda items, please share us them before scheduling a conference call. I or Martin
Illecker might be available to participate in the call.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Yanning Li <yanningl@nvidia.com> wrote:
> Hi Hama dev team,
>
> I work for NVIDIA Tesla Accelerating Computing product team. Recently I noticed your
project online. It seems Hama can be a great fit with GPU computing.

> Wondering any chance our team (cc-ed our group manager, Roy) could have a call with you
guys or who is familiar with GPU related issue to learn more about Hama, opportunities and
hurdles of using GPU in the project. The goal is to figure out opportunity for us and to make
the project better as well.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon