hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project idea
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 21:15:57 GMT
"Algorithmic and Practical Considerations for Dense Matrix
Computations on the BSP Model" -
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.49.2140

In above-linked paper, two methods for distributing data among BSP
processors are introduced (scattered distribution and wrapped mapping
distribution). This paper does not compare them in detail, but wrap
mapping is effective at load balancing.

"Wrap mapping" is, if the rows of matrix are 0 to n-1 and the
processors are 0 to p - 1, then row j is assigned to processor j (mod
p).

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon