hama-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Community Policies to prevent conflicts
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 06:46:18 GMT
I generally agree with Ed's proposal.

2013/3/15 Suraj Menon <surajsmenon@apache.org>

> +1 Thank you for the information Edward and we start afresh. I think things
> should be lot simpler within a small team like ours. I am touching on
> topics related to code and commit protocol here.
>
> We are trying to get a resolution on three points and the voting could be
> done in appropriate channel. Let me know if this is the correct place to do
> the votings.
> - Voting for/against "Review then commit" policy

sure, we can vote for that (I think a reasonable compromise could be what
Doug Cutting comments here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8248?focusedCommentId=13247658&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13247658)
however we can probably create a [DISCUSS] thread before and
eventually
vote afterwards so that we can collect different opinions before voting.

> - Voting for an appropriate time window that a committer can assume silence
> as a +1 on his patch.

I think this is part of the above commit policy so I wouldn't say this is
needed.

> - Voting for whether a commit should reflect documentation on Wiki.

Do you mean asking for documentation for some specific issues?
We can probably discuss also that in a separate thread.

Tommaso