hama-dev mailing list archives

From "realstolz.gmail" <realst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrently send and receive message
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 09:59:42 GMT
hi, Edward

Thank for your reply~

Sorry for my confusing expression.
My real question is
1. Is it safe to concurrently send messages by multiple threads using the same peer in one
superstep (before calling sync())
2. Is it safe to concurrently receive messages by multiple threads using the same peer in
one superstep (after calling sync())

not the interleave between send and receive operation, they are independent questions.

//In fact, I want use multithread in one peer process, but I'm not sure whether the current
message manager is concurrently sate

thanks,
-Rong

On Jan 7, 2013, at 5:45 PM, "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:

> Nope, BSP tasks are synchronized by exchanging messages at barrier
> synchronization step. It means that you should call sync() method
> between send and getCurrentMessage().
>
>> (BTW: I think the default setting for distributed version of message manager is HadoopMessageManagerImpl.
Is it right?)