hama-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject classification in Hama ML
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:12:59 GMT
Hi all

I recently played a bit with classification algorithms so I think it may
make sense to start adding a BSP version of them in our machine learning
package.
As a first step though I would like to add a couple of adapter interfaces
in order to be able to use existing (BSP or not) classifiers inside our BSP
algorithms. This would be useful, for example, for meta learning algorithms
like weighted majority [1].
Apart from that we could add some basic algorithms first:
- perceptron
- naive bayes

and then move to the more tricky ones (neural networks, decision tress,
random forest, svm, etc.).

Note that currently we have logistic regression with gradient descent for
classification.

Have a nice day,
Tommaso

[1] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weighted_Majority_Algorithm