hama-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Menon <menonsur...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on GraphJobRunner
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:04:15 GMT
In the GraphJobRunner implementation, during the runtime-partitioning
phase, each peer reads a vertex from input and sends the vertex to the
 peer that holds the partition and then gets into sync.  Why are we not
reading all the vertices and sending all vertices to their respective peers
all at once in one sync? Did we hit a scalability bottleneck here?

Just found this when I was re-factoring the graph code with Superstep
chaining. Apologies, if this was already discussed and I am late to the
party.

-Suraj