hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@gmail.com>
Subject YARN
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:44:28 GMT
FYI I will checkin a few changes:
- update to hadoop 2.0.2
- make changes to maven scripts so Hama can be build with an arbitrary
version of HDFS
- introduce new configuration key "bsp.framework.name" which maps to the
values: "local,classic,yarn"

The least change will change core's BSPJob, so the client can be overloaded
via a static mapping of value->classname. (e.G. local->LocalBSPRunner,
classic->BSPMaster and a new implementation of the JobSubmissionProtocol
for YARN).

For each successive weeks I will change a part of the YARN module. I start
off by cleaning up. Following steps are:

- Integrate the services, messaging/synchronization/scheduler
- Integrate counters to YARN
- Share the same launch code of container/task jvms
- Fault tolerance must also be included (if not already done by the
scheduler)

Some help would be nice, if anyone can spare some time ;)
Thanks!