hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can hama monitor the num of alive nodes or num of tasks in last superstep?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:31:35 GMT
You can get the number of tasks/peers via the BSPPeer object that you can
obtain inside your vertex via getPeer().getNumPeers().
Suraj already told you the overall procedure, but I would consult you to
use the state machine of a vertex. So computation stops if no message has
been send and no vertex is active any more.
In case of a graph you can always send a message to a "master" vertex, e.G.
with the ID of 0. Therefore you can send a message to a vertex key with the
method sendMessage(V destinationVertexID, M msg).

Good luck!