hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@gmail.com>
Subject Error Handling in BSPPeerChild
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:00:11 GMT
Hi,

Suraj came across a strange error handling. I'm just summing this up here.
The code that guards the run method (task.run(job, bspPeer, umbilical);) is
quite strange.
Have a look at arround line 1273 in GroomServer.

We are catching FSError and SyncException to report back to the groom in
case of failure.
In case of a normal exception, we are just logging fatal in the configured
log.

However there are a few things what I refer to as strange:
- Why the copy in bytearray outputstreams?
- Why not reporting back any failure to groom, instead of just FSError
and SyncException?

Can anybody clarify?

Otherwise I would propose to merge the methods to just catching Throwable
and reporting back all failures to LOG and to the groom.