hama-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange input read behavior
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:07:54 GMT
Hi guys,

I was just running a couple of tests with GradientDescentBSP when I
realized that using the newly installed RC5 the algorithm fails at its very
beginning because it seems it cannot read from input.

java.io.IOException: cannot read input vector size
at
org.apache.hama.ml.regression.GradientDescentBSP.getXSize(GradientDescentBSP.java:268)
 at
org.apache.hama.ml.regression.GradientDescentBSP.getInitialTheta(GradientDescentBSP.java:244)
at
org.apache.hama.ml.regression.GradientDescentBSP.bsp(GradientDescentBSP.java:72)
 at
org.apache.hama.bsp.LocalBSPRunner$BSPRunner.run(LocalBSPRunner.java:254)
at
org.apache.hama.bsp.LocalBSPRunner$BSPRunner.call(LocalBSPRunner.java:284)
 at
org.apache.hama.bsp.LocalBSPRunner$BSPRunner.call(LocalBSPRunner.java:211)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
 at
at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Since I didn't change anything on that side and it works with
0.6.0-SNAPSHOT I wonder if the latest stuff related to input split caused
problems.

WDYT?

Tommaso

p.s.:
I noticed this just after my +1 on the RC vote but please keep it on hold
while we track this issue