hama-dev mailing list archives

From lee fei <chirs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can hama monitor the num of alive nodes or num of tasks in last superstep?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:04:31 GMT
Hi Thomas,
  Beautiful solution! I am wonder if I maintain an aggregator which in
every superstep every lived vertexes can add 1 to it, and the master vertex
check this aggregator in next superstep, if the increment  is zero, there
mean no lived vertexes in last superstep.
Due to the sum of lived vertexes in one superstep maybe vary large,
maintain an aggregator can be a more efficient way and save communication's
cost?