hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop RPC as a default
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:34:56 GMT
BTW after HAMA-642 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-642> I will
redesign our messaging system to being completely disk based with caching.
I will formulate a followup issue for this. However I plan to get rid of
the RPC anyway, I think it is more efficient to stream the messages from
disk over network to the other host via NIO (we can later replace it with
netty). Also this saves us the time to do the checkpointing, because this
can be combined with it pretty well. RPC requires the whole bundle to be in
RAM, which is totally bad.
Will follow with more details later.