hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions about execution workflow of HamaGraph.
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:17:41 GMT
Hey,

the file is getting split like Hadoop does it, defined by the inputformat.
It will be partitioned during runtime, raw BSPs have the opportunity to
partition before the job, but this is not soo scalable so we have not done
this in graph algorithms. There is no load balancing besides the usual hash
partitioning. However you can write your own partitioner to distribute the
vertices, we are going to provide work stealing in the future so the load
balancing gets better.