hama-dev mailing list archives

From 顾荣 <gurongwal...@gmail.com>
Subject Some questions about execution workflow of HamaGraph.
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:58:52 GMT
Hi All,I have some questions about your design in HamaGraph. Let me take
the PageRank example to illustrate my questions.

I have 3 Groom Servers each with 3 free BSP task nodes in my Hama
cluster.The input file is as blow.

"stackoverflow.com    yahoo.com
facebook.com    twitter.com    google.com    nasa.gov
yahoo.com    nasa.gov    stackoverflow.com
twitter.com    google.com    facebook.com
nasa.gov    yahoo.com    stackoverflow.com
youtube.com    google.com    yahoo.com
"
In this case, there are 6 vertexs. How do you assign them among these task
nodes? Can it guarantee load balancing? And, Do you support a function to
supply to customize their own vertex assignment policy? I am so confused
with the tasks split part of Hama, it seems the same as Hadoop (by input
splits) from its source code, but it works different. And does the task
split part of HamaBSP is the same as HamaGraph?

Would you please give some info about that? If you are busy to answer my
questions, please kindly point it out to me that in which classes or
functions of source code you implemented what I am confused about, I think
I read it more myself.

Anyway,Thanks again.

Walker