hama-dev mailing list archives

From 顾荣 <gurongwal...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Hama Graph provides any file reader interface during running time ?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:39:28 GMT
Hi, guys.

As you are calling for some application programs on Hama in the *Future
Plans* of the Hama programming wiki here (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12528218/ApacheHamaBSPProgrammingmodel.pdf),
I am so interested in machine learning. I have a plan to implement neural
networks (eg.Multilayer Perceptron with BP) on Hama. Hama seems to be a
nice tool for training large scale neural networks. Esepcailly, for those
with large scale structure (many hidden layers and many neurons), I find
Hama Graph provided a good solution. We can regard each neuron in NN(neural
network) as a vertex in Hama Graph, and the links between neurons as eages
in the Graph. Then, the training process can be regarded as updating the
weights of the eages among vetices. However, I encounted a problem in the
current Hama Graph implementation.

Let me explain this to you. As you maybe now, during the training process
of many machine learning algorithms, we need to input many training samples
into the model one by one. Usaually, more training samples will lead to
preciser models. However, as far as I know, the only input file interface
provided by the Hama Graph is the input for graph structure. Sadly, it's
hard to read the distribute the training samples during running time, as
users can only make their computing logics by overriding the some key
functions such as compute() int the Vetex class. So, does hama graph
provide any flexible file reading interface for users in running time?

Thanks in advance.

Walker.