hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Hama 0.5 release (RC3)
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 00:18:11 GMT
Thomas,

There is a different purpose between downloadable RC and HAMA-583.

> There is the other issue linked to (with the DNS problem in
> groom/scheduling). Feel free to comment if that is a problem that needs to
> be solved.

Can't you fix it? then assign to me.

> Therefore we need to add apache license headers, I'd like to distribute
> this via some external service

My suggestion is "Don't sow seed of trouble e.g., intellectual
property rights for the future, just contribute to ASF".

http://hbase.apache.org/book/book.html

> and I think we wanted to make a web "ebook"
> out of it like Hbase has?

Yes, web publishing is better than static PDF file.

http://hbase.apache.org/book/book.html

> I have no time to dig deeper into the RC, but have written my opinion in
> above linked jira for a similar build.

Since you don't have no time to this release, I'm taking HAMA-583 and
will close after fix HAMA-592. Got it?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Thomas Jungblut
<thomas.jungblut@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Jira is currently unavailable, but I think the issue for the misc release
> tasks is HAMA-583 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-583>.
> There is the other issue linked to (with the DNS problem in
> groom/scheduling). Feel free to comment if that is a problem that needs to
> be solved.
>
> In my opinion we should try to harden the release, because we have 1-2
> months left in our targeted release cycle.
>
> Please feel free to commit them to trunk/docs folder.
>

> Therefore we need to add apache license headers, I'd like to distribute
> this via some external service and I think we wanted to make a web "ebook"
> out of it like Hbase has?
> I have no time to dig deeper into the RC, but have written my opinion in
> above linked jira for a similar build.

>> Please feel free to commit them to trunk/docs folder.
>>
>> P.S., Sent at 9:22 PM on Tuesday
>>  me:  it looks like a capacity problem. I ran pagerank on huge graph.
>> Please feel free to vote. :)
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Suraj Menon <surajsmenon@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Are we adding the three documents in the release?

>> edwardyoon@apache.org>

and
RC2,

--