hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Hama 0.5 release (RC3)
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 03:09:09 GMT
1) I've found some bugs in graph package. I'll fix today.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-598

2) And, current 'Runtime Partitioning' in graph package is really
inefficient way. I'll change the default value of
graph.runtime.partitioning to false, and will improve later.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-599

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> There is a different purpose between downloadable RC and HAMA-583.
>
>> There is the other issue linked to (with the DNS problem in
>> groom/scheduling). Feel free to comment if that is a problem that needs to
>> be solved.
>
> Can't you fix it? then assign to me.
>
>> Therefore we need to add apache license headers, I'd like to distribute
>> this via some external service
>
> My suggestion is "Don't sow seed of trouble e.g., intellectual
> property rights for the future, just contribute to ASF".
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/book/book.html
>
>> and I think we wanted to make a web "ebook"
>> out of it like Hbase has?
>
> Yes, web publishing is better than static PDF file.
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/book/book.html
>
>> I have no time to dig deeper into the RC, but have written my opinion in
>> above linked jira for a similar build.
>
> Since you don't have no time to this release, I'm taking HAMA-583 and
> will close after fix HAMA-592. Got it?
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Thomas Jungblut
> <thomas.jungblut@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Jira is currently unavailable, but I think the issue for the misc release
>> tasks is HAMA-583 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-583>.
>> There is the other issue linked to (with the DNS problem in
>> groom/scheduling). Feel free to comment if that is a problem that needs to
>> be solved.
>>
>> In my opinion we should try to harden the release, because we have 1-2
>> months left in our targeted release cycle.
>>
>> Please feel free to commit them to trunk/docs folder.
>>

>> Therefore we need to add apache license headers, I'd like to distribute
>> this via some external service and I think we wanted to make a web "ebook"
>> out of it like Hbase has?
>> I have no time to dig deeper into the RC, but have written my opinion in
>> above linked jira for a similar build.
>>
>> 2012/6/26 Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>
>>
>>> Please feel free to commit them to trunk/docs folder.
>>>
>>> P.S., Sent at 9:22 PM on Tuesday
>>>  me:  it looks like a capacity problem. I ran pagerank on huge graph.
>>> Please feel free to vote. :)

>>> edwardyoon@apache.org>

and
RC2,