hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Online machine learning on top of Hama BSP
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 05:02:12 GMT
We can separate them into two packages in ML module like this.

Traditional batch machine learning algorithms:
 - org.apache.hama.ml.batch

Online machine learning algorithms for massive and streaming data:
 - org.apache.hama.ml.online

The biggest advantage is we can share reusable code between the two packages.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Thomas Jungblut
<thomas.jungblut@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to focus still on batch learning, my next aim would be to try out
> neural networks with BSP.
>
> http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=685414&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2FFabs_all.jsp%2FFarnumber%2F685414
>
> http://techreports.cs.queensu.ca/files/1997-406.pdf
>
> Along with the pSVM we have then two strong learners. If you're interested,
> pass me a private message. But I have to write a few exams next week so I'm
> busy and this is just an idea, we'll see how fast I can get a prototye.
>
> Real time is difficult at the moment, we need the out of sync messaging.

>> Thank you for your sharing!
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Tommaso Teofili
>> <tommaso.teofili@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > following up with this discussion on our dev list, I found an
>> introductory
>> > pdf to online ML which may be useful [1]
>> > Apart fromt that we can start by creating the module structure in hama
>> svn
>> > (still the incubator one as the TLP move seems to take a while).
>> > Regards,
>> > Tommaso
>> >
>> > [1] : http://www.springerlink.com/content/m480047m572t6262/fulltext.pdf

Octave