hama-dev mailing list archives

From Praveen Sripati <praveensrip...@gmail.com>
Subject HAMA-536 - Add additional Hama InputFormats/OutputFormats
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:16:24 GMT
What is the approach Hama should take?

*Option 1* - Put hama input/output formats in Hama
Dependencies have to be included in Hama which will make it heavy. But,
nice thing is that all the Hama Input/Output formats will be in one
location. Also, maintenance is a continuous process with the version
upgrades and the API changes in the related projects.

*Option 2* - Put hama input/output formats in cassandra, accumulo, hbase,
..., etc
A lot of Hama code will creep into other projects and also we need to get
approval from other projects also. Some of the projects are not open source
and it might not be possible to work with them to include the code.

*Option 3* - Put hama input/output formats on something like github
Users can pick what they want and build them. Hama is also light.  But,
this might be something new to the Apache way.

Here is my preference 3, 1, 2.

Please let me know your preferences to reach a consensus.

Thanks,
Praveen