hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Graduation Requirements
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:53:59 GMT
Hey,

I am summarizing all the stuff needed for our graduation, basically took
the points from [1] and gave my opinion on that.

[1]  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist

*Whether to graduate as to Subproject or to TLP (Top Level Project)*
Definitely a TLP, I guess we have to vote on that, but I think we all have
the same opinion.

1. Preparations

1.1 Status File must be up-to-date
  Yes it is (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/hama.html) Thanks for the
update and work on it.
1.2 Ensure suitable names for project name and product names
  We have a suitable name which does not have any trademarks.
1.3 Demonstrate ability to create Apache releases
  When we release 0.5.0 we should have done 3 releases in under a year
(cheer!)
1.4 Demonstrate community readiness
  We have several committers and contributers that are actively
participating on user/dev mailing lists and votes.
1.5 Ensure Mentors and IPMC have no remaining issues
  That needs to be cleared then. So this is a TODO.

2. Decide upon destination
  TLP (but we vote on that separetely I guess, see above)

3. Prepare a resolution (top level candidates only).
  TODO, who wants to volunteer?

3.1 We need a Chair for Hama
  TODO, we need to discuss this @private.

4. Vote of the IPMC (recommendation vote of the Incubator Project
Management Committee)

5. Handover like port of Website and SVN. TODO

*Our TODOs?*
*
*
- Vote on TLP or subproject
- ask mentors and IPMC for remaining issues
- prepare a resolution
- chair discussion (+ vote?)

--
Thomas Jungblut