hama-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Cutting a release 0.5-incubating
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:18:14 GMT
I have to admit that I never thought that Suraj is going to take over all
the issues.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-505
2/4 is done, and I guess there will be a fifth with the real rollback.

I wanted to target June/Juli, which is 5-6 months since we actually planned
to release 0.4.0.

I think the harmony with our surroundings and environment is important.
>

Well actually you are right-

Am 6. März 2012 09:14 schrieb Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>:

> If it takes 5 ~ 6 months[1], then we can release 0.5 in the autumn or
> winter of this year.
>
> I'm not talking about Incubator Graduation. I think the harmony with
> our surroundings and environment is important. Someone want to use
> Graph APIs, other people want to use with Hadoop 0.20.205, In my case
> I want to use Hama on Clouds, and Whirr/Bigtop teams are go faster
> than us.
>
> 1. http://markmail.org/message/ziviktlm7yjihvew
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Thomas Jungblut
> <thomas.jungblut@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Jukka told us recently that there is no technical requirement for
> > graduation.
> > However, the attention we get should be well used.
> > We should target people that use Hama in production use and they really
> > need some fault tolerance. (I plan it to use as well once we upgraded to
> > YARN).
> >
> > Based on the new features we implemented in this few weeks, we could
> slice
> > a new release yes.
> > But I don't see fault tolerance (at least checkpoint recovery) as a new
> > feature rather than a must-have improvement.
> >
> > We have delayed the fault tolerance for now 2 releases, why delay it
> > further?
> >
> > Am 6. März 2012 08:56 schrieb Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>:
> >
> >> Agree.
> >>
> >> Sorry for my short mail, I was mean about new features. I think, we've
> >> added enough new features (MSG Compressor, Avro RPC, and Graph API
> >> package).
> >>
> >> Should we must add checkpoint recovery to 0.5 road-map?
> >>
> >> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Thomas Jungblut
> >> <thomas.jungblut@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> > Hy,
> >> >
> >> > we haven't released 0.4.0 at all yet, so why don't we wait for bug
> >> reports
> >> > or feedback?
> >> >
> >> > Am 6. März 2012 01:14 schrieb Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org>:
> >> >
> >> >> Hi,
> >> >>
> >> >> What do you think about cutting a release 0.5-incubating with MSG
> >> >> Compressor, Avro RPC, and Graph API package new features and Support
> >> >> Hadoop 1.0?
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
> >> >> @eddieyoon
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > Thomas Jungblut
> >> > Berlin <thomas.jungblut@gmail.com>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
> >> @eddieyoon
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Jungblut
> > Berlin <thomas.jungblut@gmail.com>
>
>
>
> --
> Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
> @eddieyoon
>



-- 
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <thomas.jungblut@gmail.com>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message