hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:16:39 GMT
Hi Edward,

I'm not directly interested in metoring, however we should start slicing
some issues.
Since we always advertise that we are good for matrix computations we
should start considering some issues regarding it.
e.g:
* Matrix inversion
* Matrix multiplication (HAMA-220)
* Matrix transposition (ideally should be part of multiplication, e.G. like
in the BLAS implementations C = alpha * op(A) * op(B) + beta * C, where A
and B should be transposable).

For fault tolerance I guess that HAMA-509 (Make BSPMaster fault tolerant)
would be a good GSoC project.

I would be glad if I can work on one of the issues during GSoC, however I'd
be an unofficial mentor anyways.

Best Regards,
Thomas.

--