hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Hama 0.5 roadmap
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:05:10 GMT
Hi,

I think, it's time to discuss about our 0.5 roadmap more clearly.

IMO, I'd like to release Hama 0.5 with only fault tolerant processing,
clearly defined BSP and Pregel interfaces. Maybe 2~3 months later?
And, HAMA-511 should not be a blocker for 0.5 release, it should be
considered as a long term task I think.

There's a lot of new M/R alternatives but no stable alternatives and
no dominant player at the moment. We have to stabilize ourselves first
rather than finding ways to differentiate ourselves from the
competition or considering new paradigms.

Please feel free to leave your opinion!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon