hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Hama on cloud
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:24:18 GMT
Hey,

what are you trying to do on the cloud? Just for testing? Or do you want to
run a larger computing application?
I have recently bought a bit of cloud (100h with 16 large instances for
$0,38 in Dublin). It was quite expensive = 608USD.
Gladly, when running Hama there are regularly no other costs involved like
external IO requests.

However, for just testing of a small scale application like SSSP with 1mio
vertices, 8 micro instaces were enough. But they are for free, you have to
do some reconfiguration on Hadoop - heap sizes are too large in default
configuration.

Hope it helps you a bit.
Thomas

--