hama-dev mailing list archives

From "ChiaHung Lin" <chl...@nuk.edu.tw>
Subject Re: Hama Yarn module, process flow diagram
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 03:53:18 GMT

Thanks for the explain and diagram uploaded. It is quite clear.

-----Original message-----
From:Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungblut@googlemail.com>
To:hama-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:Tue, 6 Dec 2011 19:11:12 +0100
Subject:Re: Hama Yarn module, process flow diagram

Soo here is the apache.org upload:
http://people.apache.org/~tjungblut/yarn-hama-diagram.pdf<http://people.apache.org/~tjungblut/Efficient%20Barrier%20Synchronization%20Mechanism.pdf>
http://people.apache.org/~tjungblut/yarn-hama-diagram.pptx

Let me explain it though.
The client submits the job to the YARN infrastructure's resource manager.
This will take care to schedule the BSPApplicationMaster container
(actually this is going through the NodeManager as well).
Once the BSPApplicationmaster runs, it will examine the conf, start the RPC
servers needed (zookeeper as well) and then reports back to the
Resourcemanager (actually I missed to put the arrow back to the
resourcemanager, it is currently pointing to the scheduler). However, the
Resourcemanager will then start the required containers through the
NodeManagers once again.
If the BSPRunner runs the real task, it will piggyback heartbeats to the
BSPApplicationMaster. The container which is running is always piggybacking
to the nodemanager as well.

Sorry for the filehoster upload.