hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Master Task
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:05:51 GMT
Hey all,

I (theoretically) faced a problem with our examples that require a master
task. e.G. PiEstimator, SSSP/Pagerank and stuff.
Looking at the code, the cluster status which is used to "elect" a master
task returns plainly the groom names.
Since peers are now created per task and not globally for a single groom,
these names won't match anymore.
The same problem exists with YARN, since we don't have the information how
these tasks are named, and currently now ClusterStatus is supported.

My first question, is this just a theoretical worry of me?
If not, my proposal would be to pre-launch a task in the cluster, get its
name and put it with a generic conf keyword (bsp.master.task) into
configuration.
Then launch the other tasks with the "new" configuration.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <thomas.jungblut@gmail.com>