hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Global shared variables in bsp() function
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:46:28 GMT
Hi Edward,

I see the use of it.
But what is the advantage over just broadcast a message to other peers and
sync?
Messages are serializable/writable and as far as I understood Zookeeper you
have to create a node with a byte array containing it.
So the user have to call Bytes.toBytes("someString") and create a znode for
himself.
Or do you want to make a variable storage as part of a peer with rich API?

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <thomas.jungblut@gmail.com>