hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Performance on large cluster.
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:13:52 GMT
Hey Edward,

from what you tell you are speaking about some kind of speculative task
execution.
This is also possible in YARN, if you have free resources.

Overall, the running time of a task is highly dependend on how much work it
has to do. So splitting the data even will result in good performance in
every task.
Also we can reduce the time we spend in synchronization by using
asynchronous messaging.
In this case we send messages while computation phase and just transferring
the missing rest which has not yet been transfered in the sync phase.
This should result in a performance boost, especially in messaging heavy
jobs like SSSP.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <thomas.jungblut@gmail.com>