hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: About HAMA-410
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 21:33:23 GMT
Yes, that is already implemented in the latest patch.
That is quite okay, I would be +1 to let each task be a BSPPeer. Or
actually, has a BSPPeer, maybe we are going to add some kind of JVM reuse,
then we just have to set a new BSPPeer instead of swapping the whole task.

Overall I thought of this cascading design:

>BSPMaster
->Groom1
-->Task1
-->Task2
->Groom2
-->Task3

So each task can directly communicate with other tasks using RPC. (Altough
I'm not a great friend of this RPC stuff [1])
Grooms are only there to communicate with each task, for pinging tasks to be
alive. And the BSPMaster is responsible to keep track of the availability of
the grooms.

We should take care of syncs and use them as sparse as possible, since they
tend to be a large bottleneck.
What about the barrier sync of zookeeper? Does he can deal with these
multiple tasks? Would each task be a znode?

[1]:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-358?focusedCommentId=13059229&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13059229