hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging hama in eclipse
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:24:52 GMT
Hi,

or an even more sophisticated way to debug:
Actually Eclipse always spawns a new JVM if you're running. In debug mode
eclipse just connects with it to debug at a certain breakpoint.
So you can start the deamons with specific VM arguments and connect with
eclipse.
Here's a really good post of IBM to that theme:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-eclipse-javadebug/index.html
Or just search with your fav'd engine for: "eclipse remote debugging".

gl :)

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin