hama-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Boyd <joseph.b...@cbsinteractive.com>
Subject Re: Debugging hama in eclipse
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:05:08 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Ashish Agarwal <ashish.a77777@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to run the hama daemons using the command -
> bin/hama zookeeper
>
> I get this error -

I'm getting the same NoClassDefFoundError using the svn code.  The
commons-cli dependency was removed recently as part of HAMA-402, and
re-adding it fixes the NoClassDefFoundError.

I believe commons-cli should have been pulled as part of the
hadoop-core dependency, and wasn't.  (though my maven skills are
rusty, and I'm no longer sure just how transitive dependencies are
pulled)

While a quick work-around is to re-add the dependency here, the proper
fix is probably to fix the hadoop-core pom, and properly mark that it
depends on commons-cli.

...joe