hama-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jungblut <thomas.jungb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about HAMA-380
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 10:53:51 GMT
Hey Ashish,

LocalBSPRunner will never use the serialization system.
I thought it was overhead so I decided to not use it and just keep the
messages in memory. Since we are just on one host this is a quite valid way
;)
So you have to debug in distributed or pseudo-distributed mode and not in
local mode.

Generally (not in the LocalBSPRunner) the messages from a task are put into
its groom via RPC.
The messages are put into the bundles and get transfered in the sync phase
(so after sync was called). Please correct me if I'm not right, I'm new to
it, too!
In the LocalBSPRunner the data gets transfered during the sync phase, too.
But the transfering is just a copy from one datastructure to another, so no
network or serialization stuff is made.

Hope to help you.

Greetings,
Thomas