hama-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject question about job files (.xml and .jar) directories
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 19:51:09 GMT
Hi, one simple question:

In BSPJobClient.java, method submitJobInternal() we have:

    Path submitJobDir = new Path(getSystemDir(), jobId.toString());
    Path submitJarFile = new Path(submitJobDir, "job.jar");
    Path submitJobFile = new Path(submitJobDir, "job.xml");

getSystemDir() will call BSPMaster.getSystemDir() which reads the
config property "bsp.system.dir".

However, in the constructor of JobInProgress.java we have:

    this.localJobFile = master.getLocalPath(BSPMaster.SUBDIR + "/" + jobId
        + ".xml");
    this.localJarFile = master.getLocalPath(BSPMaster.SUBDIR + "/" + jobId

and getLocalPath() (BSPMaster class) will read the config property
"bsp.local.dir"

So, aren't we supposed to use the same paths in both places for the
job files? (either local or system dir, but not both)

cheers

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org