hama-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how hams bsp is going to relate to pregel
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 05:44:20 GMT
Hello,

I wrote how will Hama BSP different from Pregel --
https://blogs.apache.org/hama/entry/how_will_hama_bsp_different --
Point me if i'm missing out something. :)

P.S. since i'm on vacation, I won't reply immediately.

Thanks.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Claudio Martella
<claudio.martella@tis.bz.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand the relationship between hama and pregel, or
> massive graph processing in general. At the beginning i checked the
> documentation and the code, few months ago, and i relalized that hama
> BSP was going towards a Hamburg/Pregel implemetnation, aside of the
> matrix package. Now i've been reported that "/Hama's target was changed.
> As you know, the pregel is a processing framework for large scale graph.
> But, Hama aims at a distributed scientific package on Hadoop for massive
> matrix and graph data. It is not specified for graph processing. A
> system like Pregel might be an application of Hama."
>
> /What does "a distributed scientific package on hadoop for massive
> matrix and graph data" mean? If it's not for processing, are you writing
> a graphDB?
>
> How's hama's goal going to be related to something like pregel?
>

> Thanks
>
> Claudio
>
> --
> Claudio Martella
> Digital Technologies
> Unit Research & Development - Analyst
>
> TIS innovation park
> Via Siemens 19 | Siemensstr. 19
> 39100 Bolzano | 39100 Bozen
> Tel. +39 0471 068 123
> Fax  +39 0471 068 129
> claudio.martella@tis.bz.it http://www.tis.bz.it
>
> Short information regarding use of personal data. According to Section 13 of Italian
Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, we inform you that we process your personal data
in order to fulfil contractual and fiscal obligations and also to send you information regarding
our services and events. Your personal data are processed with and without electronic means
and by respecting data subjects' rights, fundamental freedoms and dignity, particularly with
regard to confidentiality, personal identity and the right to personal data protection. At
any time and without formalities you can write an e-mail to privacy@tis.bz.it in order to
object the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending advertising materials
and also to exercise the right to access personal data and other rights referred to in Section
7 of Decree 196/2003. The data controller is TIS Techno Innovation Alto Adige, Siemens Street
n. 19, Bolzano. You can find the complete information on the web site www.tis.bz.it.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org