From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject number of clients/watchers
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:14:39 GMT
I had a question about number of clients against a zookeeper cluster.  I was looking at having
between 10,000 and 100,000 (towards 100,000) watchers within a single datacenter at a given
time.  Assuming that some fraction of that number are active clients and the r/w ratio is
well within the zookeeper norms, is that number within the realm of possibility for zookeeper?
 We're going to do testing and benchmarking and things, but I didn't want to go down a rabbit
hole if this is simply too much for a single zookeeper cluster to handle.   The numbers I've
seen in blog posts vary and I saw that the observers feature may be useful in this kind of
setting.

Maybe I'm underestimating zookeeper or maybe I don't have enough information to tell.  I'm
just trying to see if zookeeper is a good fit for our use case.

Thanks.