From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Verifying Changes
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:03:00 GMT
Perhaps something similar to what Ben detailed here? (rendezvous)
http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2009/05/using_zookeeper_to_tame_system/

Change the key, add child znode(s) that's deleted by the "notified"
client(s) once it's read the changed value. Some details need to be
worked out but seems reasonable.

Patrick

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Ben Hall <ben@zynga.com> wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> Long time reader... First time writer...  Hehe...
>
> I am curious to know what successes people have had with verifying zookeeper changes
across a pool of clients.  I.E. Being able to verify that your changed Key did in fact get
pushed out to all of the subscribed clients.

> We are looking at creating a hash of the finished key value and comparing that with what
is on the ZK server... But curious if anyone has any smarter ideas.