From "Fournier, Camille F. [Tech]" <Camille.Fourn...@gs.com>
Subject Digest user ACL check failing
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:01:33 GMT
The ZK documentation says:
New in 3.2: Enables a ZooKeeper ensemble administrator to access the znode hierarchy as a
"super" user. In particular no ACL checking occurs for a user authenticated as super.

However, in some testing today I created a digest user, logged in as this user, set the ACLs
for "/" to Ids.READ_ACL_UNSAFE, and now even when I am logged in as the superuser, I cannot
actually change this ACL or write nodes below it on the tree. So it does not actually seem
to be the case that "super" skips ACL checks. Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks,
Camille