From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Changing configuration
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:56:04 GMT
We don't have dynamic configuration yet, but it is on our todo list:

	http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/ClusterMembership

so for now I believe you would have to reconfigure manually and
restart the cluster. For Zab, you should be looking at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.

Cheers,
-Flavio

On Oct 7, 2010, at 6:49 AM, Avinash Lakshman wrote:

> Suppose I have a 3 node ZK cluster composed of machines A, B and C.
> Now for
> whatever reason I lose C forever and the machine needs to be
> replaced. How
> do I handle this situation? Update the config with D in place of C and
> restart the cluster? Also if I am interested in read just the ZAB
> portions
> which packages should I be looking at?
>
> Cheers

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301