From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maximum myid?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 16:44:57 GMT
The server id (myid) should be a number btw 1 and 255. See item 5 here:

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup

The lower 8 bits of the myid is used as the upper 8 bits in session id
generation, you might end up with duplicate session ids if you use values
outside the range specified.

<http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup>
Patrick