From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about rest interface
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:01:15 GMT
Hi Marc, you should checkout the REST interface that's on the svn trunk, it
includes new functionality and numerous fixes that might be interesting to
you, this will be part of 3.4.0. CCing Andrei who worked on this as part of
his GSOC project this summer.

If you look at this file:
src/contrib/rest/src/java/org/apache/zookeeper/server/jersey/RestMain.java
you'll see how we start the server. Looks like we need an option to run as a
process w/o assuming interactive use. It should be pretty easy for someone
to patch this (if you do please consider submitting a patch via our JIRA
process, others would find it interesting). With the current code you might
get away with something like "java .... < /dev/null" -- basically turn off
stdin.

Patrick