From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: closing session on socket close vs waiting for timeout
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 21:10:57 GMT
if this mechanism were used very often, we would get a huge number of
session expirations when a server fails. you are trading fast error
detection for the ability to tolerate temporary network and server outages.

to be honest this seems like something that in theory sounds like it
will work in practice, but once deployed we start getting session
expirations for cases that we really do not want or expect.

ben