From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: closing session on socket close vs waiting for timeout
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 17:03:16 GMT
i'm a bit skeptical that this is going to work out properly. a server
may receive a socket reset even though the client is still alive:

1) client sends a request to a server
2) client is partitioned from the server
3) server starts trying to send response
4) client reconnects to a different server
5) partition heals
6) server gets a reset from client

at step 6 i don't think you want to delete the ephemeral nodes.

ben

On 08/31/2010 01:41 PM, Fournier, Camille F. [Tech] wrote:
> Yes that's right. Which network issues can cause the socket to close without the initiating
process closing the socket? In my limited experience in this area network issues were more
prone to leave dead sockets open rather than vice versa so I don't know what to look out for.