From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logs and in memory operations
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:55:18 GMT
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Avinash Lakshman <
avinash.lakshman@gmail.com> wrote:

> From my understanding when a znode is updated/created a write happens into
> the local transaction logs and then some in-memory data structure is
> updated
> to serve the future reads.
> Where in the source code can I find this? Also how can I decide when it is
> ok for me to delete the logs off disk?

The bits where the in-memory db is updated is here:
org.apache.zookeeper.server.FinalRequestProcessor.processRequest(Request)

Regarding datadir cleanup see this section of the docs.
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#Ongoing+Data+Directory+Cleanup
Basically -- there's a tool for that but you should backup the current state
of the database before doing the cleanup.

Patrick