From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: client failure detectionin ZK
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:23:45 GMT
Generally it should be determined by your requirements around failure
detection/recovery.

The higher you set it the less susceptible to intermittent failures you
rare (brief network outages say, or GC pauses on the client). However
this means that it takes longer to discover/recover from a real failure.

The lower you set it the faster you'll discover/recover from a real
failure, but you also have the potential to see more "false positives".

Setting this really depends on your use case(s) -- your application
requirements. Typically I see btw 5 and 30 seconds being used.

Patrick