From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using watcher for being notified of children addition/removal
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 17:12:49 GMT
You may want to consider adding a distributed queue to your use of ZK.
As was mentioned previously, watches don't notify you of every change,
just that a change was made. For example multiple changes may be
"visible" when you get the notification.

A distributed queue would allow you to "log" every change, and have your
"watcher" process easily process the result. The only issue I could see
is one of atomicity, but depending on your use case(s) that may not be
an issue, or perhaps one that can be worked around.

Patrick