From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: cleanup ZK takes 40-60 seconds
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 04:04:52 GMT
how big is your database? it would be good to know the timing of the two calls. shutdown should
take very little time.

sent from my droid

-----Original Message-----
From: Vishal K [vishalmlst@gmail.com]
To: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org [zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org]
Subject: cleanup ZK takes 40-60 seconds

Hi,

We have embedded ZK server in our application. We start a thread in our
application and call QuorumPeerMain.InitializeArgs().

When cleaning-up ZK we call QuorumPeerMain.shutdown() and wait for the
thread that is calling InitializeArgs() to finish. These two steps are
taking around 60 seconds. I could probably not wait for InitializeArgs() to
finish and that might speed up things.

However, I am not sure why the cleanup should take such a long time. Can
anyone comment on this?

Thanks.
-Vishal