From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Leader election and the limit on number of clients without performance degradation
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:01:55 GMT
ted is correct, as usual. that warning is really to avoid unnecessary
load, and 16 clients really don't generate much of a load at all. even
with thousands of cliets, if they really need the list of children it
will still be ok. the point of that note was that for leader election
only one process will emerge, so having a bunch of other processing
making unneeded requests is wasteful and can be avoided.

ben