From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zookeeper watch triggered multiple times on same event
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:17:26 GMT
I don't think this should be possible (if it happens it's a bug in zk).
Perhaps, for some reason, there really are 2 change actions (children
created, or the same child created twice) and not just one?

Re-registering the watch "inside the watch" is fine. The server sends
watch notifications as one way messages, when it notices a znode child
list has changed it fires off change messages to all the registered
clients. The client then receives the notification and calls the handler.

Patrick