From Jordan Zimmerman <jzimmer...@proofpoint.com>
Subject Re: Debugging help for SessionExpiredException
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:49:21 GMT

On Jun 9, 2010, at 4:21 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:

> In particular you might look at GC/swapping on your clients, that's the most common case
we see for session expiration (apart from the obvious -- network level connectivity failures).
In one case I remember there was very heavy network load for a period of time once per day,
this was causing some issue on the switches which would result in occassional session expiration,
but only during this short window. This was pretty hard to track down. Are you monitoring
network connectivity in general? Is it possible that temporary network outages are causing
this? Perhaps take a look at both your server and client ZK logs, see if the client is seeing
anything other than the session expiration (is the client seeing session TIMED OUT for example,
this happens when the client doesn't hear back from the server, while session expiration happens
because the server doesn't hear from the client).

If I set my session timeout very high (1 minute) this shouldn't happen, right?

-JZ