From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Securing ZooKeeper connections
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 17:00:26 GMT

On 05/27/2010 09:47 AM, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> actually pat hunt took over that issue: ZOOKEEPER-733. pat has made a
> lot of progress and the patch looks close to being ready.

This is just the server side though, still need to make similar changes
on the client. That will likely be a separate jira. But yes, it's coming
along.

> ps - actually, to be clear the patch adds netty support. the idea is
> that once we have netty in and netty supports SSL quite transparently,
> it should be easy to get SSL in.

SSL/netty part seems pretty simple, however there's also the key mgmt
portion which look more complicated (need to integrate "not quite
commons ssl" or something like that, haven't gotten that far yet)